No Bake Chocolate Sunflower Seed Butter Granola Cup
Servings: 18 servings
- Muffin Pan
- Microwave or Stove
- Mixing Bowl
To Make the Cups
- 3 cups Granola
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Butter I used sunflower seed butter, but almond butter or peanut butter would work great!
- 3 tbsp Honey Use more if needed. To make vegan, substitute with maple syrup or date paste.
To Make the Filling & Topping
- 1/2 cup Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Sunflower Seed Butter
- In a mixing bowl, mix together 3 cups of granola, 1/4 cup of nut or seed butter, and 3 tbsp of honey (or maple syrup).
- In a muffin baking pan, grease the bottom and sides of the muffin space or line each muffin space with baking cups. I chose to do without, but if working with a smaller size space, I think cups would work better.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in a pace of the pan and smooth out on the sides and bottom, forming a granola "cup". Repeat for each space until filled fully. Place muffin pan in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from freezer. If the nut or seed butter is thick, you can place 1 cup of it in a glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 second increments (stirring after each increment). Heating it for a minute or two will help loosen it up for placing in the center of the granola cups. Fill each granola cup with a spoonful of nut/seed butter until filled. Place pan back in the freezer.
- In a double boiler, fill the bottom pan with an inch or two of water (depending on the size of your pan) and put the shallow pan on top. Over heat, simmer the water which will transfer heat to the top shallow pan. You can melt the coconut and chocolate gradually.Alternatively you could melt the chocolate directly in a sauce pan or in short increments (10 seconds at a time and then check) in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate and coconut oil mixture is melted, take the muffin pan out of the oven. You can drizzle the melted chocolate over each granola filled cup to taste. Place back in the freezer for an hour. Afterwards, enjoy!
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg